As scary and exciting as this is for me, it is SO much easier than when I adopted Kofi on my own. Yes, with Kofi I had a lot of support from friends and family, and, yes, it was nice to have TOTAL control over some things (like his name, for instance, and what his room looked like, and what he wore on the plane when we came back from Houston, etc.), but that advantage pales in comparison to the comfort of having another soul (and my Rob has a truly lovely soul) embarking on this adventure with me... with us, actually, because Kofi is fully involved in this. I hope this will be great for him, to have a sibling, to be part of a family of four.
Anyway, we flew to Houston this past weekend and met the birthmom and her husband (not the FOB -- father of the baby, in OB/GYN parlance, though my friend Amy prefers FOP, father of the pregnancy...) who are fun (they are Lakers fans and like Cajun food) and seem committed to helping us expand our family. They are gay-friendly (there's a gay uncle somewhere in the family tree) and seem to like us. We brought Kofi with us (our ace in the hole) so they could see how adorable he is, how good we are with him, etc. I think we did pretty well, avoided beating him in public, and he didn't have any prolonged tantrums (Rob does NOT stand for tantrums) (he is a much better disciplinarian than I am, being the school principal that he is).
Anyway, LeSahre (the birthmom) (pronounced "LeSarah") is due the first week of August!
Oh, and it's a boy according to the ultrasound.
Oh, and it's a boy according to the ultrasound.
what a fantastic adventure! a sibling is the best thing i could have done for ruby. my girls are great pals and playmates. will you get to doula this baby too? look forward to hearing your adventure as it unfolds. a hearty congratulations to you both. chris ruby and hazel
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to meet him. xxoo to you and the boys.
ReplyDeleteSOOO exciting. Just one minor thing, make sure this baby grows up to become a Celtics fan, NOT Lakers. =) I know you are open parents, but when it comes to matter of principle... ;)
ReplyDelete