Aaron Gilbert Hair Ralston, aka "Gil"

Date of Birth: 8/4/10, 7:46am (CST)
Weight: 8lb 60z
Length: 20"

Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Family Affair

Rob: Little did I know a year and a half ago when I met Steven and little Kofi, who was then a (mostly) snoozing infant of 8 weeks, that I would be here, engaged to marry Steven and fully engaged in parenting.

Watching Steven with Kofi was (and still is) a joy. He loves being a father--going to the park with Kofi, talking with Kofi, singing to Kofi...and writing little songs for Kofi, like The Kofiman song (AKA The Candyman).

And I can't remember a single moment that Steven hasn't allowed me to be an equal partner in parenting--which has been more fun than I ever imagined it could be. So now that we have become a family, expanding it to include little...well, we haven't quite settled on his name yet...just feels right.

Baby number 2's induction date has been set for August the 3rd. Until now I haven't invested too much in this because you never know how these things will turn out. But each conversation with LeSahre (the birth mom) and new detail makes baby number 2 seem more real, and I must admit...I am beginning to feel the excitement, anticipation and the anxiety that Steven must have felt when he flew down to Texas to meet Kofi 19 months ago.

I am thrilled to be part of this adventure with Steven and can't wait to see him play with, talk to and sing new songs for little baby #2, yet to be named.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for the three of you and love that you have a blog so we can follow your wonderful journey! I can't wait to meet baby #2! Hugs to you all! xoxo ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting. I'll cross my fingers.

    ReplyDelete