Aaron Gilbert Hair Ralston, aka "Gil"

Date of Birth: 8/4/10, 7:46am (CST)
Weight: 8lb 60z
Length: 20"

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Laughing Matters

Rob: Our flight to Houston was relatively painless, even with our 45 minute layover in Dallas, during which we remained on the plane mildly annoying the crew members who were busily trying to prepare the cabin for the next flight.

As usual, we received enthusiastically positive reviews for Kofi's behavior from other passengers.  I must admit, he was incredibly good as always.  How did we get so lucky to have such a good traveler as Kofi?  He either sleeps or is pleasant the entire trip...

OK, so sometimes he gets a little too loud.  Sometimes he shrieks gleefully for what feels like several minutes and it can be a little challenging to settle him down.  On this flight, he used a loud, laughing vocal production to bleat out most (not all) of the words to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," waving at the other passengers after the line...up above the world so "HI".... Saying words or singing in vocally different ways is a relatively new game that he learned from his other father.  They will sing back and forth in a deep voice, then a high voice, then a laughing voice, which now appears in his singing voice.  So with Twinkle Twinkle on the plane, fortunately the lady adjacent to us found this vocal play amusing, and kept turning back to watch and snicker.

The only other complaint of Kofi is that like most children he tends to cry when he doesn't get his way or when he is bored or tired.  But a firm "No fussing, Kofi" or other redirection from either of us is usually all that it takes to snap him out of his crying spell.

So that was the worst of Kofi's behaviors on our flight to Houston...or anytime for that matter... which makes me wonder, what will baby number 2 be like?  Will he have a similar temperament to Kofi's or  will he be more difficult to manage...I guess I am a little worried... but as I always do whenever I feel afraid, I just whistle a happy tune, in a laughing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment