Aaron Gilbert Hair Ralston, aka "Gil"

Date of Birth: 8/4/10, 7:46am (CST)
Weight: 8lb 60z
Length: 20"

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Top 10

Steven: First -- Gil, if you ever read this, I do love you. You're perfect.

You know you're tired when:

1. You lie down on the kitchen floor rather than go up to the living room to take a nap.
2. You can't decide whether to order out Indian or Thai and the decision seems overwhelming.
3. You cry when the nanny gets to the house.
4. You cry when the nanny leaves the house.
5. You wish you had a wet nurse.
6. You don't care when your 20 month-old is sucking on an open tube of toothpaste.
7. You can't remember if the baby ate one hour ago or four hours ago.
8. You think wearing a diaper seems awfully convenient.
9. You think the last one was a little distasteful, but you don't have the energy to erase it and write something else.
10. You wish your mother would move in.

I don't remember being this tired with Kofi. Maybe I was doing less because it was winter and the weather was horrible so I just stayed home all the time. This time I have Rob and a nanny: it should be so much easier...

BUT: (knock on wood) he is a pretty easy baby: falls asleep easily after eating, especially at night. And, unlike his brother, doesn't seem to be entering the willful terrible two's...

The Thai food is here: there must be a God, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment