Aaron Gilbert Hair Ralston, aka "Gil"

Date of Birth: 8/4/10, 7:46am (CST)
Weight: 8lb 60z
Length: 20"

Monday, May 16, 2011

Finalization Countdown

We got our court date for Gil's adoption finalization: June 1st. He will finally be ours, or I guess we will finally be his! I know it's crazy that there is still a legal hurdle to overcome (it's actually even more complicated: once we're married next month, Rob will have to apply for a second parent adoption which will probably take another 6 months...sigh).

Don't tell the judge: Gil fell off the bed tonight. I was playing with both boys on our bed ("the big bed" as Kofi calls it) and Kofi fell off, startling himself. I went to console him and somehow Gil found his way to the edge to the bed and to the floor in no time. He was more stunned and scared than hurt, but he clearly can move that boy.

Anyway, I continue scurry home from work so I can see them and spend as much time as possible with them. I'm terrified, however, that these are the easy years...

No comments:

Post a Comment